Friday, December 7, 2007

The Modlin Compound

I was at Monica’s house the other day, just day-dreaming on the deck, and I was gazing out over the property. First at the main house with it’s tri-level construction, then to the studio (known as ‘Studio C’), and finally to the apartment behind the gate.

So what was I thinking this whole time? I wondered how many of us have, at one time or another, called a spot at the Modlin Compound ‘home’.

Over the years since, I imagine there’s been quite a few places to rest your head: the Main House, 1119 ½, Studio C, the Old Kids Room or the New Kids Room, the Couch, the Spare Room…

Of course, I also looked at the various storage sheds in the backyard and said to myself, ‘Maybe…? Nah! Couldn’t have…’

I imagine the Dog Run, the Pigeon Coop, the Bird Cage, the Tool Shed/Back Cabin, or even the Front Porch looked inviting at one time—but they weren’t THAT inviting, right?

Kidding!

But seriously, I couldn’t think of a Poll for this month, so this is the survey we’ll have on The Herd instead.

Who in our family (Gramma and Grampa on down the line) has called the Modlin Compound home?

Take some time to think about it, because I know there are a lot of names to consider. Leave your list as a comment to this post. Look to the right column and click on the ‘How To Post Comments’ link. That will tell you what to do.

I’m looking forward to seeing the list y’all come up with, and I wonder if anyone will be able to figure out all the names. I don’t have an answer, but I think it’ll be good times to try and build a list.

No comments: