Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hernandez Family Tree

I have to thank Robert for this one.

Robert showed me a website-- geni.com-- that lets people build family trees for free. He got it started, and I continued with things today.

I admit I don't have all of the information, but I do have a lot of it. I put in some people no longer a part of the family because they matter-- they are parents to some of us and that matters. I didn't put some people, however, because: 1) I dont know their info, 2) some people may not wish to include them in here, 3) some are kids from prior relationships that we never see or meet.

Discounting the divorcees, the other kids, and the non-mentioned people, I count 108 people in our family.

108 PEOPLE IN OUR FAMILY!!!

That is an amazing number of people, and it's no wonder we sometimes find it difficult to get everyone in one place at the same time. Truth be told, we are also starting to branch out-- Santa Barbara isn't home to everyone as it once was.

But that's why I started this blog in the first place. I know we are getting bigger by the year. Information doesn't flow as easily, distance makes getting together more difficult, and our own families grow and branch out and pull us in different directions. Hopefully this blog can help keep those ties a little bit stronger.

So here is the family tree below. To move around the tree, click and hold down the button while you move the mouse left/right/up/down. And you can zoom, too, by clicking on the magnifying glass in the lower left.

Here is a link to see it in a bigger view: Hernandez Family Tree

I also put a link to the Family Tree in the right column under 'Family Links'.

No comments: