Sunday, January 27, 2008

Get Out and See A Movie

Ok, folks, I have an idea.

This may put some out of their comfort zones. And as corny as it sounds at first, I think something can be managed.

For much of the last month, I've heard no less than a dozen of us talk about wanting to go see 'The Bucket List' with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. The movie has been out three weekends now, and I have yet to hear a review.

One might think that perhaps I just haven't been told or had conversations with those who have seen the movie.

Or that we just pulled a Hernandez Family Classic-- we talked about it, and talked about it, and talked about it some more, until we were so exhausted with talking about it that no one had the energy to go out and see the movie.... ha ha ha... I kid, I kid... bygones.

I'm not sure, really, and it might be either one.

But what say you about doing something like this:

-We decide, a week in advance, to go see a movie.

-Then we tell everyone, usually those gathered at Gramma Connie's on a Sunday, or those who visit that house or the Modlin Compound.

-Next we agree to meet at one of those places an hour before the movie.

-Finally we-- get this-- actually go as a group to see a movie!

Look at that, 4 easy steps... (again I kid)

Seriously, I think it could be fun. There are movies out there that a group would want to see together. And there are movies that some would go to just to do something.

Comedies, dramas, suspense films and everything in between. We could take over an entire row, or just sit in two rows so people are closer together.

I asked my mom what she thought, and she wondered if other folks in the theater would get mad at the big group that keeps talking and laughing and won't stay quiet. I said, "To hell with them!"

Well, that's my idea. I figured once in a while it might be a nice change of scenery, something good to do outside of the comfort zones. I mean, we all do these things with friends anyway-- why not try it in a big group of family?

Now, discuss amongst yourselves...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aahhhhh.. wow. this sounds so great! def need to get the family out to see good movies. we just saw Juno yesterday, loved it. anyway.. i have to add that i feel safer watching movies up here. i can recall sitting in a quiet movie theatre with my aunt dolly about 12 years ago and out of nowhere she says aloud,"salene.. how is that rash on your butt?" lol... have fun!