Sunday, January 13, 2008

Guest Post: Cold Sweats at 3am, Part I

Uncle Martin sent in this account of part of his day with the Triplets (Victoria, David and Jessica Gladish). This is really good times. The entire account is his. On a side note, this is exactly what we're looking for-- when you want to tell a story or say something, just send it in and I'll put it up.

Thanks, Uncle Martin!


All I wanted to do was take my son and the Triplets out for an easy afternoon bike ride and show them the sailors all over town, the big ship offshore and to prove to David that some of the sailors did indeed carry guns. Little did I know, we were in for much more then I ever thought possible.

Even before we left Marina's neighborhood little Jessica informed me she was hungry. I ignored her for I was expecting that from her. Secondly, Victoria then informs me her friend Sierra had a sibling who had a penis and a vagina-- I ignored her too. Were these signs of what the rest of our day would be like? Probably. But like Grandpa Sal, I couldn't help but get a kick outta them anyways.

Deciding to hit the breakwater first we headed over there as the tide was good and high, and the waves were sending heaping sprays of water over the wall (soaking all who chose to venture out to the sandbar to watch the brave surfers take off on great looking waves coming oh so close to the wall and rocks). So as we started, we parked our bikes near the Harbor Patrol office and headed out on our walk.

Well, as the waves crashed at the wall the first thing David and Victoria did was to try and hit each and every spray of water they could manage to get under. I mean some were a good 15 -20 ft. high, soaking all who got caught under them. Well, these 2 runts tried and managed to get soaked chasing each and every one they could get under. My son Ty was a halfway type of guy, dodging some and hitting others.

While little Jessica appeared to be traumatized by the sight of water spraying up some 20 ft, thinking would be swept off the walkway. I assured her that with me protecting her it would not happen. Holding my hand the whole way she barely got a sprinkle on her.

Finally at the end of the breakwater, we made it to where the surfers were (which I wanted them to see, but the little shits were not interested). Ty, David and Vicky were intent on getting even more soaked then they already were.

While I screamed at Victoria to get off the wall she decided to sit on, I soon saw David attempting to stand on the damned wall, to which I informed him, “That will never happen,” and to get his little ass down, “NOW!”

Soaked as they were, we headed out even further out to almost the tip of the sandbar, where they were practically touching the passing boats cruising in and out of the harbor.

Almost at my wit’s end by now, I called for an end to this dangerous situation and brought them all back to where our bikes were. The first thing Victoria says is, "I'm cold." To which I responded, "Well what the hell did you expect? Now you will learn about the consequences of your actions. Now get on your bike and let's go (damn it!)."

And that was just the first part. I gotta go now, but the second and third parts will be available later this afternoon. You won't want to miss them so tune in later-- you won't be disappointed.

Bye…..damn it.


Martin said he may not finish with Parts II and III. I hope you enjoyed his Guest Post. Let's see if we can get more in here!

No comments: